Powers, Duties & Functions of Delhi Medical Council
- To maintain a live register,and to provide for the registration of medical practitioners
- To hear and decide appeals against any decision of the Registrar.
- To prescribe a Code of ethics for regulating the professional Conduct of practitioners.
- To reprimand a practitioner, or to suspend or remove his name from the register, or to take such other disciplinary action against him as may, in the opinion of the Council be necessary or expedient.
- To receive complaints from public (including patients and their relatives) against misconduct or negligence by a medical practitioner, to procced for inquest, take a decision on the merits of the case and to initiate disciplinary action or award compensation and similarly to take action against frivolous complaints.
- To provide protection to its members in discharging professional duties
- To ensure that no unqualified person practices the modern system of medicine.